Hemet Truck Accident Lawyer
Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys Representing Clients in Hemet, Ca
Truck accidents lead to more damage than those involving normal vehicles. That’s because trucks are bigger and heavier vehicles. An average truck can weigh up to 30,000 pounds, compared to the 4,000 pounds of an average passenger vehicle.
Also, trucks are much higher than cabs and other automobiles. Therefore, accidents involving trucks are more likely to cause wrongful death or grievous injuries than accidents involving only passenger vehicles. Trucks are very efficient in transporting large quantities of goods and heavy equipment. However, they pose a serious threat to road users daily.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Driver’s weariness is a common factor in every truck accident case. Truck drivers typically drive for long periods, transporting goods from one city to another. In between loading, unloading, rest breaks, fueling the truck and road stops, a truck driver can spend up to 15 hours on the road. This of course depends on the distance he’s covering.
A lot of truck drivers use drugs and alcohol to help them stay awake while driving. Once these stimulants begin to wear off, a driver may fall asleep on the wheel. This not only puts the driver at risk, but they also subject other road users to even greater risk.
Road conditions also contribute to truck accidents. Issues like inadequate drainage, defective road design and construction, inadequate lighting lead to accidents all the time. It can be difficult to succeed in a claim for an accident caused by bad road conditions. The truck driver may deny responsibility for the accident and place the blame on the bad state of the roads.
Nonetheless, an experienced Hemet truck accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. They’ll examine all the evidence and determine who truly was at fault.
Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are more threatening than accidents involving other automobiles, simply because of the size of trucks. Because trucks are heavy, it can be difficult to get them to immediately stop when an accident is imminent. The injuries stemming from truck accidents tend to be either fatal, or leave permanent damage. The injuries generally incur huge medical bills.
The following are some common injuries associated with truck accidents:
- Broken Bones: Broken bones may not be fatal, but they can incur costs of their own and can cause complications. A broken bone may require a surgery to fix it, and a laceration may need to be stitched.
- Spinal cord injuries: Permanent paralysis (quadriplegic or paraplegia) is a very probable result of truck accidents. Injuries to the back or neck usually result in permanent disability for the victim and can leave a trail of medical costs for the rest of the victim’s life.
- Facial Fractures and Disfiguring: The victim of a truck accident may suffer fractures in the face. This may lead to disfigurement and the need for reconstructive surgery.
- Head Injuries: These range from minor bruises which heal quickly, to traumatic brain damage, which can have lasting effects.
- Death: It is common for pedestrians to die on the spot after being hit by a truck. The impact of such a heavy vehicle hitting the human body is often fatal.
This is Why You Need a Skilled Hemet Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you know was injured in a collision with a truck in Hemet, you need the help of an experienced Hemet truck accident lawyer. At Banner Attorneys, we can help you file a claim against the guilty party and recover the compensation that you need.
The more experienced the lawyer fighting for you is, the more your chances of getting a fair judgment. Luckily, we are just the experts with enough experience in these kinds of cases. We will help you get your fair compensation and protect your rights every step of the way.